Mission, Vision, Values
- Operates in accordance with the highest professional standards in its relationships with clients, families and community.
- Demonstrates respect and dignity toward the children and families it serves.
- Fosters an environment that encourages personal growth, independence, leadership and development of its employees.
- Develops its programs based on research and best practice, with a commitment to data-driven outcomes.
- Believes that children affected by autism spectrum disorder (ASD) are capable of achieving educational and social success through early intervention and evidence-based technologies.
- Families of individuals served at Mitchell’s Place are valued as members of the treatment team and participation of families in all aspects of Mitchell’s Place programs is encouraged.
- Employees are encouraged to develop their professional skills in order to optimize the services they provide.
There's a quote I think describes my feelings about Mitchell's Place. "As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person". The diagnosis of Autism threw a challenge to our family to find the best services available for my son Mitchell. Realizing the options were limited, we decided not only to help our son but to help other families as well by opening Mitchell's Place in 2005. The outcomes speak for themselves and we are proud to be a part of the Mitchell's Place Family.
"My child has made so much progress since enrolling in outpatient services at MP! He has learned so many skills mainly communication. I love the friendly staff and the communication I receive about my child's progress."
"My son started Mitchell's Place in May 2019. He was not capable of going into a preschool setting and could say 5 words at 2 years old. Now, two years later, he has started a typical preschool class and is speaking sentences. He loves Mitchell's Place and everyone he has come in contact with over the years. We are more thankful than we could ever put into words."
This place is amazing. It is inclusive & such a positive environment. The staff are so encouraging and happy to see every single person and child that comes in. The progress in the children’s lives after being at Mitchell’s Place is so evident that the people at Mitchell’s Place love what they do and care deeply about the children. Cannot say enough good things about this wonderful place!
The best place to receive services for children with Autism and other behavioral disorders!! Mitchell’s Place is a great place to work and each staff member truly is there for the children. I worked at Children’s of a Alabama in Behavioral Health and left for Mitchell’s Place. I have never experienced such support from upper management as I have here. Amazing things happen every day at Mitchell’s Place!!
I don't often write reviews but I can't say enough good things about this place. It is simply magic. My kids love it! Every day my kids look forward to going to Mitchell's Place. They have helped my kids grow by leaps and bounds. The teachers, staff, and administration are well-educated, experience, loving, caring, and always go the extra mile for the MP kids and families.
Mitchell’s Place is a great and beautiful place filled with love from teachers, directors, staff up front! Everyone there is warm and genuine and way beyond that they help children shine on the spectrum, grow, and learn. We have been so impressed with our son’s growth and progress here!! I could not be more thankful we have this school about 40 minutes from our home!! The children, staff, school- I would give it more than 5 stars truly!!! 100 stars!!