Community and Corporate Partnership Opportunities
As a non-profit organization, Mitchell’s Place welcomes partnerships with foundations, corporations, and the community. Contact Julia Riedel, Associate Director of Advancement at email@example.com or call (205) 951-9538 if you’re interested in touring and/or working with us!
Thank you to all the Community Partners below on our rotating display!
Annual Fundraising Events
We offer a variety of event sponsorship opportunities for events. Check out our Events calendar or see below for annual event sponsorship opportunities:
- A Night at the Oscars – an annual gala dinner held in February/March with silent auction, exclusive live auction items, dinner, program, and dancing, all benefiting Mitchell’s Place.
- Funky Fish Fry – an annual event co-hosted by the Junior Boards of Mitchell’s Place and the Autism Support of Alabama. This is a family-friendly event filled with music by local bands, great food, and fun all to benefit both organizations.
- Dragon Boat Race & Festival – a totally unique event for Birmingham, this race can be both fun and competitive. Presenting sponsor is Medical Properties Trust. Awards for winning race time, best drummer, team tent decoration, a Bloody Mary contest (sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka), and more! Visit: 2023 Mitchell’s Place Dragon Boat Race & Festival (swell.gives).
- Benefit Nights – usually held at least once per quarter, we partner with local businesses to host Mitchell’s Place spirit nights to raise both awareness about autism spectrum disorder and to raise funds through the patronage of the business (restaurant, retail store, brewery, and more!).
Gifts in Kind
Mitchell’s Place welcomes in-kind gifts as well. This may include food/beverage, supplies, materials, and more. We offer charitable giving receipts to your organization upon request. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-951-9538 for more information.
2024 Community Partnership Opportunities
Give While You Shop
Interested in supporting Mitchell’s Place in other ways? Enroll in Club Publix, check out our Amazon Wish Lists, or reach out to email@example.com if you have questions.
Support Mitchell’s Place when you shop at Publix! Participating is easy! Simply sign up for Club Publix or log in to your existing account, click Publix Partners, and select Mitchell’s Place. Then, every time you shop at Publix, pay with the Publix app or enter your phone number at checkout.
- Click here for more information: School Fundraisers | Earn Money for Schools | Publix Partners.
- Since enrolling in this program, Mitchell’s Place received more than $6,600 so your grocery shopping cents really adds up!
Amazon Wish Lists
Our programs have a need for items that can be used in the therapy rooms and classrooms. Many are consumable items (like crayons, construction paper, etc.) and others are sensory toys, reinforcers, and more. Our wish lists are updated each school year so be sure to check out our latest lists. You can ship to your home and drop off at our Overton location at your convenience.