Community Partnership Opportunities
As a non-profit organization, Mitchell’s Place welcomes partnerships with foundations, corporations, and the community. Contact Kristy Henry, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (205) 951-9538 if you’re interested in touring and/or working with us!
Annual Fundraising Events
We offer a variety of event sponsorship opportunities for events. Check out our Events calendar or see below for annual sponsorship opportunities:
- A Night at the Oscars – an annual gala dinner held typically held in February/March with silent and live auctions benefiting Mitchell’s Place.
- Funky Fish Fry – an annual event co-hosted by the Junior Boards of Mitchell’s Place and the Autism Society of Alabama. This is a family-friendly event filled with music, great food, and fun all to benefit both organizations.
- Mitchell’s Chili Championship Golf Tournament – held annually in October at Greystone Golf & Country Club.
- Dragon Boat Race & Festival – a totally unique event for Birmingham, this race can be both fun and competitive. The 2022 event presenting sponsor is Medical Properties Trust. Awards for winning race time, best drummer, team tent decoration, a Bloody Mary contest (sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka) and more! Visit: 2022 Mitchell’s Place Dragon Boat Race & Festival (swell.gives).
- Benefit Nights – usually held at least once per quarter, we partner with local businesses to host Mitchell’s Place spirit nights to raise both awareness about autism spectrum disorder and to raise funds through patronage of the business (restaurant, retail store, brewery, and more!).
2022 Mitchell's Chili Championship Golf Tournament Sponsors
Gifts in Kind
Mitchell’s Place welcomes in-kind gifts as well. This may include food/beverage, supplies, materials, and more. We offer charitable giving receipts to your organization upon request. Please reach out to email@example.com or call 205-951-9538 for more information.
Give While You Shop
As a non-profit organization, Mitchell’s Place welcomes partnerships with foundations, corporations, and the community. Contact us if you’re interested in touring and/or working with us!
Support Mitchell’s Place when you shop at Publix! Participating is easy! Simply sign up for Club Publix or log in to your existing account, click Publix Partners, and select Mitchell’s Place. Then, every time you shop at Publix, pay with the Publix app or enter your phone number at checkout.
- Click here for more information: School Fundraisers | Earn Money for Schools | Publix Partners.
- Since enrolling in this program, Mitchell’s Place received more than $5,600 so your grocery shopping cents really adds up!
Amazon Wish Lists
Our programs have a need for items that can be used in the therapy rooms and classrooms. Many are consumable items (like crayons, construction paper, etc.) and others are sensory toys, reinforcers, and more. Our wish lists are updated each school year so be sure to check out our latest lists. You can ship to your home and drop off at our Overton location at your convenience.